Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Days



What a nice weekend we just had. The weather was perfect! I love Spring in Oregon, yes I know that it is really summer, but this weekend the temperature hit 70, the skies were blue, and a nice breeze made the weather perfect. We watched Jeff's last Lacrosse game. He was on the Ducks team. It was very difficult for us to yell, "Go Ducks", when you are Beaver fans. On Saturday they played the Beavers. Jeff scored a goal and really hustled on the field. I am so glad that he is doing so well with Lacrosse. Of course his first love is still Football and he can't wait for summer training to begin.

Molly had her end of the year piano recital. She played beautifully, The Train Robbery. She also received her 2nd Festival Award, a Superior. We are so proud of her.

School ends for all of the kids on Wednesday. Jeff has his 8th grade graduation ceremony on Tuesday night. Then it will be official; all three "little" kids will be in high school. I am feeling so old.

This summer we are planning on staying in Oregon and not traveling. It will be so nice to just hang out at home, swim at the Courthouse Athletic Club, visit Andriches, and go to the coast with Ken's parents and Jonne. Molly will fly to UT for EFY the day she returns from Girls Camp. The boys will attend EFY in Forest Grove, and then Jeff has scout camp in July. Ken is planning on two trips this summer to Switzerland and to China. My trips will be to the store and driving the kids around town. Oh how I enjoy summer days!

1 comment:

sixmoores said...

I like the "trips" to the store and driving kids around...sounds like a mom.