I can't believe that it is already February 15th and over two months has passed since I have written on this blog. Life is so crazy busy and so I decided to take some time today to catch up. I am taking two classes from Chemeketa Community College to renew my teaching certificate. I thought it would be fun to take classes that I would really use once back in the classroom. I am taking Instructional Technology and Integrating Science and Math in the Elementary Classroom. Easy and fun classes I thought, only 3 hours each and I could work on them for a few hours each day while the kids are at school. What was I thinking? These are the most time consuming classes that I have ever seen. I spend all day, every day working on them. Kenin reminded me a few weeks ago that I did not have to get an "A", I only had to pass them. I don't know what it is with me, but I have to get an "A". There is something about seeing that 100% score that takes me back to my childhood and having to get grades to please my my parents. I told my kids that they now can see first hand how important studying is to me, and my sweet daughter said, "but you don't have anything to do all day except for homework". I laughed, nothing to do? This month I have had YW New Beginnings program, attended Molly's school musical (orchestra pit), book club at my house, destist appointments, site council, YW activities, registration for Titan Kids Cheer Camp, and Orchestra Boston Trip account balances due (I am student account treasurer); but I don't have anything to do all day except for homework! :)
The highlight of my classes is that I get to work with a group of students each week. My groups is made of five 10yr old boys. They are loud, active, and the cutest things that you have ever seen. I just LOVE working with them. Last week we studied patterns and used skittles and lego's, and this week we worked on volume,using containers, and then we planted seeds to chart plant growth.
This weekend was Stake Conference. We attended meetings yesterday and today in Monmouth. They were wonderful. Today Molly and Gwen played a violin obligato for the main meeting. It was so beautiful. I love hearing the violin, especially when my daughter is playing it. I could listen to her all day long (when I'm not doing homework).
Matt turned 25 this month. I can not believe that he is that old, or that I am old enough to have a 25yr old son. He works so hard at both school and at Discover Card. He reminds me of Kenin. I am so proud of him and his cute family. I wish we could see them more often. (I took this picture from their family blog - thanks Jolynn!)
2 comments:
John is so excited for class tomorrow! Thanks for doing it.
You do so much! I am proud of you for taking classes! Maybe I'll be inspired enough to do likewise . . .
Post a Comment