What a busy week this has been with Girl's Camp. Molly went up to camp on Monday since she is an SYL (stake youth leader) this year. I followed up with the 1st - 3rd year girls on Tuesday. Camp is in Alpine, near Alsea Falls, just 15 miles north of Junction City. It was so beautiful there that I really wanted to stay. I know that the girls will have a terrific time, and I leave tomorrow morning to spend Friday and Saturday at camp.
The boys are enjoying their first week of summer. They really have liked that Mom is not around much this week due to camp. I hope that they are enjoying spending their days playing x-box, guitar hero, rock band, golfing, and going to the gym. Next week starts summer chores and book lists! The weather is beautiful here and it is finally starting to warm up; time for outdoor swimming.
Last week we sold the MDX.
I am embarrassed to say it was traumatic for me. I love this car. Over the years I have always felt that it really didn't matter if you had a new car or a used car, an expensive car or not, because 6 months after driving it would lose its newness and be "just another car". Not so with the MDX. For almost four years I have loved everything about it - the comfortable seats, extra seats in back, cargo space, dvd player, great stereo, not to mention the way it drove. I loved everything except for the gas mileage. The gas mileage is terrible, especially in the city where I did all my driving. I was spending at least 200.00/month for gas and we all know that it will only get worse. We have decided to get a smaller more economical car. We also decided to share two cars this summer. It has been interesting to coordinate car schedules, but we can do it.
I guess that it comes down to priorities. This month we cancelled cable tv, stopped our newspaper (we read on-line), stopped having dairy delivered, and got rid of the MDX, but we did join The Courthouse Athletic Club. It has a new outdoor pool and tv's on their exercise machines. It is so close that the kids can walk (they haven't walked yet!), and all of our friends are members so there are a lot of friends to exercise with. It is our priority to lose weight, become heathier, live on a tighter budget, and to save more. I love cable tv, but I really have not missed it. We seldom watch tv now, and have enjoyed watching more dvd's. My next priority is to get my house and closets organized. I am starting with my bedroom and then organizing my scrapbook materials, and I do mean boxes and boxes of scrapbook stuff! But as Kenin always says, "Pick one thing and start there". Good advice! What is your "one thing" to start this summer?
2 comments:
We miss you guys. I am glad your having a great summer...
You sold your car??? I loved that car.
you need to get some tunes on your page. You have some fabulous music I would like to hear...
Post a Comment